This course covers key competencies in the different facets of managing a project, including managing team and client interactions. Students will learn essential skills from the ability to provide structure at the foundling stages of the project, to estimating and projecting budgets, as well as developing and managing a project timeline for ensured project success.
- Goto, Kelly and Emily Cotler. Web ReDesign 2.0 | Workflow that Works. Grand Rapids: New Riders, 2004.
- Friedlein, Ashley. Web Project Management: Delivering Successful Commercial Web Sites. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann, 2000.
- Berkun, Scott. Making Things Happen. Sebastopol: O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2009.
- Cohn, Mike. Agile Estimating and Planning. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2005.
- Wiefling, Kimberly. Scrappy Project Management: The 12 Predictable and Avoidable Pitfalls Every Project Faces. Cupertino: Happy About, 2007.
- Garton, Colleen, and Erika McCulloch. Fundamentals of Technology Project Management. New York: Mc Press, 2005.
Recommended ReadingPlease see the Assignments for the corresponding recommended readings.
Software or hardware requirements:
- text editor
- project management tool (online)
- time-tracking and invoicing tool (online)
- timeline/gantt chart tool (open source)